Collection of Personal Data
Your personal data will be collected through the Application Form completed and submitted by you. Information on the Application Form marked* is mandatory information. If you do not wish to provide such information, we will not be able to process your application and will not be able to provide service to you.
Personal data will also be collected by us from time to time after your application for services has been accepted through our supply of services to you and through our dealings and transactions with you. Furthermore, telephone calls between you and our customer service hotlines or staff may be recorded.
Use of Data
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- operating and managing the services which you may subscribe from time to time;
- handling and following up your enquiries, suggestions, complaints;
- conducting service surveys in order to improve our services and develop new services;
- credit control and debt collection;
- assessing your eligibility for our other products or services;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- communicating with you;
- marketing goods and services to you subject to the provisions of the Ordinance;
- recordings of telephone conversations between you and our customer service hotlines or staff may be used for quality control, staff appraisal, and training.
Transfer of Data
Your personal data collected by us will be kept confidential and other than as set out below will not be disclosed by us to any other third party. We may transfer your personal data to the following parties:-
- any actual or proposed assignee of our business of providing the services to which you have subscribed;
- any person to whom we are compelled to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law;
- any person with your express consent;
- any data processor (e.g. printer, production house or providers of mailing services) engaged by us to process or handle personal data on our behalf;
- debt collection agencies to collect any amount due from you;
Rights of Access and Correction to Data Collected
Under the Ordinance, you have a right to access, and correct your personal data held by us. If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com; by fax at 2117 3068 or by post to Flat 5, 10/F, World Interests Building, 8 Tsun Yip Lane, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or by telephone at 2117 3968.
All your personal data in our possession are accessible only to our authorized employees and contractors. We have also employed advance technology to ensure that data about you cannot be accessed by unauthorized persons.
If you have any question on this policy on collection and use of your personal data or of our customers generally, please contact our Data Protection Officer referred to above. We may from time to time amend this policy and the latest policy will be posted at our website at www.stoneroad.com.hk.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on your device by your browser when you visit internet websites and Apps. They are useful for the operator of internet websites and Apps in tracking user’s browsing activity (such as clicking particular button, logging in, and which pages were visited by the user in the past) and remembering information entered into forms fields such as names, addresses and passwords.
We will not collect and store any personal identifiable information and the password using cookies.
Cookies help us to:
- recognize your device when you visit our websites and Apps so that we can improve the user experiences of our websites and Apps on different devices
- improve our websites and Apps by recording your preference, visit history and gathering user statistics
- deliver personalized content to you based on information of your past visits to our websites and Apps
- evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising campaigns
- “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners).
- “Facebook Workplace Cookies Policy”, (located at www.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Cookies)
Controlling your cookies settings
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically. If you do not wish to accept cookies from us, you can choose to disable or erase cookies from the setting on your browser. Please refer to your browser’s ‘help’ function for details. Blocking all cookies may affect the proper functioning of certain features on our websites and Apps.
The provisions of the above statement shall prevail if there is any inconsistency between any provision of the above and any provision set out in any terms and conditions for any service of us. In the event of any inconsistency between the Chinese version and the English version of these Terms, the English version shall prevail.
This website is prepared for the purpose of providing information about Stoneroad Limited (hereafter called “Stoneroad”) and the services we offer.
This website is provided “as is” basis and without any warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation any implied warranties or implied terms of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose to the fullest extent permissible under the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Information presented in this website is subject to change at any time without notice and Stoneroad does not warrant or guarantee its completeness or accuracy. By accessing this website you agree that Stoneroad will not be liable (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of the information and materials contained in this website or from your access of other material on the internet via web links from this site.
The above exclusions and limitations apply to the fullest extent as permitted under the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.